VAKINN Code of Ethics
All companies participating in VAKINN must accept and comply with the VAKINN Code of Ethics.
- The company provides its customers with courteous and reliable service.
- The company maintains and respects confidentiality and discretion in all customer relations.
- The company is guided by honesty and fairness in all communication and business transactions.
- The company accords all its customers equal respect and consideration, regardless of, for example, gender, origin, culture, sexual orientation, religion, age, social standing and physical aptitudes.
- The company ensures that all information to its customers is correct and that its advertising provides a truthful and reliable impression of its services and facilities.
- The company prices goods and services unambiguously, in compliance with current legislation.
- The company makes an effort to answer all enquiries and requests in a fair and efficient manner.
- The company guarantees a fair and prompt handling of complaints.
- The company upholds and observes all laws and regulations pertaining to its operation and ensures their implementation.
- The company ensures that its bookkeeping and accounting practice is conducted in a professional manner.
- The company meets all its responsibilities to employees by observing the law in every respect as well as current collective bargaining agreements.
- The company ensures that its employees receive proper training and that their working conditions are appropriate.
- The company ensures the safety of its employees and customers by means of professional work practices and by maintaining high standards, both in facilities and equipment.
- The company acts in a responsible manner towards Iceland’s nature, environment and society.
- The company upholds the interests and reputation of Iceland as a high quality destination, emphasising hospitality, excellent service and sustainability.